For details, call the admin offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated June 12, 2019
- 3/20/2019: The Towpath Trail will be closed between Manchester Rd. and State Route 224 for utility work conducted by Cargill, associated with an Army Corps of Engineers invasive species project. Please respect the closure signage, as this is an active construction site. The closure begins Wednesday, March 20 and continues through early June 2019.
- 6/3/2019: The Towpath Trail is closed for work associated with an Army Corps of Engineers invasive species project on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. between Manchester Rd. and Fairview Ave. The Fairview Ave. and Manchester Rd. trailheads will remain open. The Towpath in this section will be open on weekends and weekdays after 4 p.m.
- Early June 2019: The Towpath Trail will be closed weekdays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. between Manchester Rd. and State Route 224 for work associated with an Army Corps of Engineers invasive species project. Please respect the closure signage, as this is an active construction site. The closure is expected to continue through November 2019. Check back for more details.
- 6/17/19: There will be periodic trail closures between June 17 and July 31 while First Energy replaces a power pole approximately 2,000 feet south of the Botzum Trailhead. The Botzum Trailhead will be open and is not affected by the closures. The trail will be open on weekends, holidays and for any Special Use Permits already issued by Summit Metro Parks.
- Through 2019: Due to sewer work in Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. Get more information on this project.
- Through 2019: The Memorial Parkway Trailhead will be closed beginning in November of 2018 through approximately December 31, 2019 due to a City of Akron CSO construction project. The restrooms will be open. A small portion of the Towpath Trail near the trailhead will be detoured around the construction area. Trail users may park at the Dog Park parking lot.
Bike & Hike Trail:
- Through August 2019: The Boston Mills Rd. trailhead parking lot may be inaccessible at times due to road construction. Please contact the Village of Boston Heights for the latest information.
- 6/3/19: A 150-day closure of the West Bath Road Bridge over the Cuyahoga River begins June 3. The bridge is located between Riverview and Akron-Peninsula roads, and is closed for a structural rehabilitation project that includes replacing the bridge deck and making structural steel repairs. A detour is posted. Please contact the Summit County Engineer at 330-643-8170 with questions.
Cascade Valley Metro Park
- 6/21/19: The City of Akron's Cuyahoga River Homecoming event will be held in the Chuckery Area of Cascade Valley Metro Park on June 21, 2019. While the area will remain open to the public, parking will not be available. Visitors are instead encouraged to park at the Oxbow Area.
- Through Oct. 2019: Due to sewer work in Akron, Cuyahoga Street will be one lane, with a signal to allow alternating one-way traffic flow. Access to the park will be maintained throughout construction. Learn more about this project.
Goodyear Heights Metro Park
- 3/20/19: Alder Trail will be closed beginning at the boardwalk as crews work to replace the structure this spring. During construction, hikers will continue to have access to the trailhead and first section of the trail.
- 6/28/19: Summit Metro Parks and Summit County Probate Court will host a group outdoor wedding and vow renewal ceremony from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Parking may be somewhat limited leading up to and during this event.
Gorge Metro Park
- 06/12/19: Highbridge Trail is closed while FirstEnergy completes tower repairs.
- Ongoing: Until further notice, Gorge Trail is closed for repairs in the section beyond Mary Campbell Cave.
- 6/6/19: Seven Ponds Trail at Tinkers Creek Nature Preserve is closed for a utility project. The closure will last approximately two weeks. The parking lot and Eagle Point Trail will remain open during this time.
Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park
- Ongoing: The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) has cut trees along their dam at Nimisila, off Jones Drive and South Main Street. Though Summit Metro Parks manages Nimisila, the park is owned by the State, and the maintenance, safety and operation of the dam is the responsibility of ODNR. Summit Metro Parks is not responsible for the tree work. Please call ODNR with questions.
Silver Creek Metro Park
- Ongoing: Beginning in February 2019 and continuing through June, the Wadsworth Loop of the Bridle Trail will be closed intermittently as FirstEnergy works to replace utility poles along the trail. Trail closures will be announced via on-site signage.