For details, call the admin offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated September 17, 2020
For the latest information on policies, closures and cancellations related to the pandemic, please see below and visit our COVID-19 update page.
The safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority. At the guidance of public health authorities, parks and trails remain OPEN, with the exception of alerts noted below.
For status updates on the Hampton Hills Mountain Bike Area, visit Twitter.
facilities & amenities
- At the guidance of health authorities during the COVID-19 outbreak, Summit Metro Parks has closed indoor facilities (F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm Visitors Center, Liberty Park Nature Center, Summit Lake Nature Center, Administrative Offices Lobby, Volunteer Center and all rentable lodges) to the public.
- For public safety, the park district has also closed shelters and exercise stations.
- Drinking fountains remain off and some restrooms are closed - please see below for details.
- Rolling parking limitations and amenity closures are in effect at busy locations.
The majority of the park district's restrooms have been reopened. Remaining closures include:
- Goodyear Heights Metro Park Lodge
- Silver Creek Metro Park Bathhouse
- Spring/Summer 2020: The Towpath Trail is rerouted around the KB BioEnergy plant while the City of Akron performs work associated with its ongoing sewer project.
- Ongoing: Due to sewer work being completed by the City of Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. Get more information on this project.
- Ongoing: The Memorial Parkway Trailhead will be closed through mid-2020 due to a City of Akron CSO construction project. The restrooms are temporarily closed for repairs. A small portion of the Towpath Trail near the trailhead will be detoured around the construction area. Trail users may park at the Dog Park parking lot.
Cascade Valley Metro Park
- 9/20/20: Chuckery Area will be closed for natural resource management beginning Sunday evening, September 20 and reopening at 3 p.m. on Monday, September 21.
- 9/20/20: Tinkers Creek State Nature Preserve will be closed for natural resource management beginning Sunday evening, September 20 and reopening at 3 p.m. on Monday, September 21.
Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park
- 9/5/20: The Ohio Division of Wildlife is operating a controlled waterfowl hunting program on Nimisila Reservoir September 5, 2020 through February 6, 2021. Questions and comments should be directed to the Ohio Division of Wildlife (DOW) at (330) 644-2293.
Sand Run Metro Park
- 7/21/20: Beginning Tuesday, July 21 and continuing for approximately three months, a portion of Sand Run Parkway and the Jogging Trail will be closed to make the first in a series of grant-funded infrastructure and ecological improvements within Sand Run Metro Park. This construction will result in the temporary closure of:
- Revere Rd. parking lot
- Sand Run Parkway and the Jogging Trail between Revere Rd. and Sand Run Rd.
- Ongoing: Motorists are advised that the half-mile section of Sand Run Parkway between Portage Path and Merriman Road is closed while Summit Metro Parks considers solutions for addressing an aging culvert. The road closure was recommended by the Summit County Engineer’s Office and is effective as of 9/3/19. Pedestrians are welcome to use this section of the parkway - parking is available at the Old Portage Area.
Silver Creek Metro Park
- The Silver Creek Metro Park Disc Golf Course will be closed from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the following dates to accommodate cross country competitions: 9/5, 9/19, 9/26 and 10/17.