For details, call the admin offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated April 23, 2019
- 3/20/2019: The Towpath Trail will be closed between Manchester Rd. and State Route 224 for utility work associated with an Army Corps of Engineers invasive species project. Please respect the closure signage, as this is an active construction site. The closure begins Wednesday, March 20 and continues through early June 2019.
- Through 2019: Due to sewer work in Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. Get more information on this project.
- Through 2019: The Memorial Parkway Trailhead will be closed beginning in November of 2018 through approximately December 31, 2019 due to a City of Akron CSO construction project. The restrooms will be open. A small portion of the Towpath Trail near the trailhead will be detoured around the construction area. Trail users may park at the Dog Park parking lot.
Goodyear Heights Metro Park
Gorge Metro Park
- Ongoing: Until further notice, Gorge Trail is closed for repairs in the section beyond Mary Campbell Cave.
Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park
- Ongoing: The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) has cut trees along their dam at Nimisila, off Jones Drive and South Main Street. Though Summit Metro Parks manages Nimisila, the park is owned by the State, and the maintenance, safety and operation of the dam is the responsibility of ODNR. Summit Metro Parks is not responsible for the tree work. Please call ODNR with questions.
Silver Creek Metro Park
- Ongoing: Beginning in February 2019 and continuing through June, the Wadsworth Loop of the Bridle Trail will be closed intermittently as FirstEnergy works to replace utility poles along the trail. Trail closures will be announced via on-site signage.