***The safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority. Effective 3/30/20 and at the guidance of public health authorities, camping is closed to the public until at least Sunday 5/10/20. For the latest information on the park district's response to COVID-19, please visit our update page.***
Twenty-nine individual sites are available at the campground, located near the eastern banks of the 800-acre reservoir (5550 Christman Rd., Green, OH 44319). Each campsite has a fire ring and picnic table, and six sites have electricity. Three are ADA accessible.
Peak season: May 1 through October 31
Off-season: November 1 through April 30
Reservations may only be made online through Reserve America and in person at the park district's administrative offices (975 Treaty Line Rd., Akron). Call for office hours and details: 330-867-5511.
The maximum stay is 10 consecutive nights in a 30-day period. Permits will only be issued to individuals 18 and older. The campsites accommodate a tent or tents with combined floor space under 200 square feet, or a camper, RV or truck camper and a tent. There are no showers or drinking water at the campground.
- May through October: Sites with electricity: $30/weeknight, $35/night on weekends (Friday-Sunday) and holidays. Non-electric sites: $25/weeknight, $30/night on weekends (Friday-Sunday) and holidays. A flat processing fee applies to each reservation.
- November through April: Six electric sites are available for one rate of $22.50/night, no additional discounts. Non-electric sites are not available in the off-season. A flat processing fee applies to each reservation.
- A 25% senior discount is available Monday through Thursday nights during peak season for people 60 and over.
Rules are posted at the campground and available for download here. Summit Metro Parks personnel have the right to terminate a camping permit at any time for failure to follow campground rules, park rules, laws or unsafe behaviors. Alcohol is prohibited.
Camping is permitted year-round at two primitive sites along the Towpath Trail:
- Big Bend Trailhead in Akron
- About 1/4 mile south of the Franklin Trailhead in New Franklin
Campers must sign in and out at the small kiosk. Fires are not permitted. Only one-night stays are allowed.