The Explorer Post, administered through the Ranger Department at Summit Metro Parks, is a program for people ages 16 to 20 who have an interest in a law enforcement career in a park setting. Participants gain real-life experience in the field and complete service in the community. The post meets monthly for training opportunities and completes service projects each year.
What do Explorers do?
As part of this program, Explorers are exposed to a broad range of natural resources topics with a focus on law enforcement in a park setting, including the following topics:
- CPR and first aid
- Bike patrol
- Criminal justice system procedures
- Traffic stops
- Constitutional law for police
- Search and rescue training & more!
Get in Touch:
- Check out the Exploring Facebook page
- To learn more about the Explorer program, contact Mike Phillips at email@example.com.