For details, call the admin offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated October 3, 2022
For status updates on the Hampton Hills Mountain Bike Area, visit Twitter.
Please note that the paddling access point at the Oxbow Area of Cascade Valley Metro Park is for experienced paddlers ONLY. This area includes challenging strainers.
- 10/3/22: Crews will be paving the Towpath Trail from Manchester Road Trailhead to Barberton Trailhead North. The trail will remain open. Use caution while traveling through this area.
- Ongoing: The Towpath Trail is rerouted around the KB BioEnergy plant while the City of Akron performs work associated with its ongoing sewer project.
Gorge Metro Park
- Ongoing: A portion of Highbridge Trail is closed until further notice due to a damaged pedestrian bridge. Because the area will be disrupted by upcoming sewer construction and any repairs would be temporary, SMP will construct a permanent solution once sewer work is complete. Visitors may continue to use the trail from the Highbridge trailhead parking lot or the Chuckery Area trailhead sign to the bridge (1.5 miles out and back from both directions).
Hampton Hills Metro Park
- 9/6/22: The main parking lot will be closed weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for the installation of a concrete plaza around the restroom building and an ADA parking area. The lot will be open evenings and weekends. Additionally, Adam Run and Spring Hollow Trails are still accessible from the archery range area or Top-o-World Area. A restroom is available at the archery range and the restroom at the main lot will be open when the lot is open.
Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park
- 9/3/22: The Ohio Division of Wildlife is operating a controlled waterfowl hunting program on Nimisila Reservoir starting September 3, 2022 through February 6, 2023. Please contact the Ohio Division of wildlife at 330-644-2293 with questions.
- 11/1/22: Nimisila Campground will be closed for construction and electrical upgrades. The campground will reopen June 1, 2023. Dates of the closure are subject to change.
Sand Run Metro Park
- 7/6/21: Summit Metro Parks is making a series of grant-funded infrastructure and ecological improvements within Sand Run Metro Park. Additional projects necessary to the park's long-term sustainability will result in rolling trail and parkway closures through 2022 (more information available here).
- Ongoing: After carefully considering options for the future of the Jogging Trail at Sand Run Metro Park, Summit Metro Parks has determined the section of Sand Run Parkway between Portage Path and Merriman Rd. will remain closed to vehicles to protect wildlife and allow for future trail connections. Pedestrians are welcome to use this section of the parkway until permanent improvements are complete. Parking is available at the Old Portage Area.
Silver Creek Metro Park
- 10/13/22: The Disc Golf Course will be closed due to a scheduled cross-country meet.
- 10/15/22: The Disc Golf Course will be closed due to a scheduled cross-country meet.