For details, call the admin offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated April 25, 2018
- Winter 2017-18: Outdoor drinking fountains have been turned off for the season. Please plan accordingly.
- 06/09/18: The annual Towpath Century Ride will travel from Cleveland to Akron and points south. From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., the Wolf Creek Trailhead will be used as a water stop for the participating 150 riders.
- Through 2019: Due to sewer work in Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. To learn more, click here
Gorge Metro Park
- 03/26 - 07/31/18: Highbridge Trail will be closed periodically as a contractor works on the High Level Bridge.
- Ongoing: Until further notice, Gorge Trail is closed for repairs in the section beyond Mary Campbell Cave.
Hampton Hills Metro Park
- Winter 2017-18: The Top O' the World Area is closed for the season.
- 05/19/18: About 200 people are expected at an organized walk in the Ledges Area of Liberty Park between 8 and 10:30 a.m.
- Winter 2017-18: The rear roads and lots in the Tinkers Creek Area are closed to vehicular traffic for the season. The archery range will remain open. To access it, visitors may park at the shelter parking lot and walk to the range.
Munroe Falls Metro Park
- 05/5/18: A cycling event will bring about 150 people to the Lake Area of the park from 7:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. Partial road closures will be in effect as well.
- 05/12/18: A cycling event will bring about 150 people to the Lake Area of the park from 7:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. Partial road closures will be in effect as well.
- 05/13/18: The 7th annual Mother's Day 5K, to benefit the Summit Metro Parks Foundation, will see up to 700 people in the Lake Area of the park. The area will be closed from 6:30 a.m. until approximately 10 a.m. Learn more.
Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park
- 03/14/18: Construction will be taking place in the South Main 2 boat launch area. The boat ramp may be closed during periods of the project. At this time the parking lot will remain open. The Christman Road boat ramps will remain open.
- Winter 2017-18: Docks have been removed for the season from the C1, C6, SM2 and campground areas. The campground and dump station are both closed for the season, too.
- Ongoing: The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) has cut trees along their dam at Nimisila, off Jones Drive and South Main Street. Though Summit Metro Parks manages Nimisila, the park is owned by the State, and the maintenance, safety and operation of the dam is the responsibility of ODNR. Summit Metro Parks is not responsible for the tree work. Please call ODNR with questions.