For details, call the admin offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated February 20, 2018
- Winter 2017-18: Outdoor drinking fountains have been turned off for the season. Please plan accordingly.
Bike & Hike Trail:
- 03/01/18: The Bike & Hike Trail will be closed between Hampshire Road in Stow and Route 303 in Boston Heights beginning Thursday, 3/1 through Saturday, 3/31 while FirstEnergy and its contractors complete forestry work. No detour is available during the temporary closure. The Route 303 parking lot and trail to the north are unaffected by the project and will remain open.
- 06/09/18: The annual Towpath Century Ride will travel from Cleveland to Akron and points south. From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., the Wolf Creek Trailhead will be used as a water stop for the participating 150 riders.
- Through 2019: Due to sewer work in Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. To learn more, click here
Goodyear Heights Metro Park
- 02/12/18: The Eastwood Area restrooms are closed for repairs.
Gorge Metro Park
- Ongoing: Until further notice, Gorge Trail is closed for repairs in the section beyond Mary Campbell Cave.
Hampton Hills Metro Park
- Winter 2017-18: The Top O' the World Area is closed for the season.
- Winter 2017-18: The rear roads and lots in the Tinkers Creek Area are closed to vehicular traffic for the season. The archery range will remain open. To access it, visitors may park at the shelter parking lot and walk to the range.
Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park
- Winter 2017-18: Docks have been removed for the season from the C1, C6, SM2 and campground areas. The campground and dump station are both closed for the season, too.
- Ongoing: The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) has cut trees along their dam at Nimisila, off Jones Drive and South Main Street. Though Summit Metro Parks manages Nimisila, the park is owned by the State, and the maintenance, safety and operation of the dam is the responsibility of ODNR. Summit Metro Parks is not responsible for the tree work. Please call ODNR with questions.