For details, call the admin offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated November 5, 2019
Bike & Hike Trail:
- 11/5/19: Beginning November 5 and continuing for approximately 20 days, a utility line repair will impact the Bike & Hike Trail at Brandywine Falls. The project requires the trail to be closed immediately north of the parking lot driveway. No detour is available. The parking lot will remain open throughout the project, but will not be accessible via the Bike & Hike Trail from the north.
- June through November 2019: The Towpath Trail is closed for work associated with an Army Corps of Engineers invasive species project on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. between Fairview Ave. and State Route 224. With the exception of specific dates listed below, the Towpath in this section will be open on weekends and weekdays after 5 p.m. All closures are subject to change due to weather.
- 10/14/19: Beginning October 14 and continuing through October 18, the Towpath Trail will be closed under the Manchester Rd. bridge as part of this project.
- Through 2019: Due to sewer work being completed by the City of Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. Get more information on this project.
- Through 2019: The Memorial Parkway Trailhead will be closed beginning in November of 2018 through approximately December 31, 2019 due to a City of Akron CSO construction project. The restrooms will be open. A small portion of the Towpath Trail near the trailhead will be detoured around the construction area. Trail users may park at the Dog Park parking lot.
- 6/3/19: A 150-day closure of the West Bath Road Bridge over the Cuyahoga River begins June 3. The bridge is located between Riverview and Akron-Peninsula roads, and is closed for a structural rehabilitation project that includes replacing the bridge deck and making structural steel repairs. A detour is posted. Please contact the Summit County Engineer at 330-643-8170 with questions.
Cascade Valley Metro Park
- Through Nov. 2019: Cuyahoga Street will be closed beginning Monday, July 8, 2019. The closure will last through November 27. The Chuckery Area will be accessible from either the south or north the entire time. As of mid-August, Cuyahoga Street is closed south of the park entrance and the park must be entered from the north. Learn more about this project.
- 10/29/19: Motorists on Cuyahoga Street should expect delays as paving is completed. Paving will take three days, weather depending.
Gorge Metro Park
- 9/4/19: Several parking spots will be occupied by construction equipment while crews work to upgrade the parking lot and install flush-style restrooms. ADA-accessible portable toilets will be available throughout construction. The project is expected to continue through December 2019.
Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park
- September 2019 through February 8, 2020: The Ohio Division of Wildlife is operating a a controlled waterfowl hunting program on Nimisila Reservoir. Please contact the Ohio Division of Wildlife at 330-644-2293 with any questions.
Sand Run Metro Park
- Ongoing: Motorists are advised that the half-mile section of Sand Run Parkway between Portage Path and Merriman Road is closed while Summit Metro Parks considers solutions for addressing an aging culvert. The road closure was recommended by the Summit County Engineer’s Office and is effective as of 9/3/19.
Silver Creek Metro Park
- 10/26/19: The Bridle Trail will be closed to the public for a marathon event.