For details, call the admin offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated January 24, 2020
For status updates on the Hampton Hills Mountain Bike Area, visit Twitter.
Bike & Hike Trail:
- 1/29/20: A 300-foot section of the Bike & Hike Trail will be closed for one day immediately south of Brandywine Road for work on the gas line adjacent to the trail.
- 1/22/20: Beginning January 22 and continuing through January 24, the Towpath Trail will be closed for tree removal from Botzum Trailhead to Weathervane Lane. This work is part of the Akron Waterways Renewed project to replace the outfall bridge at the City of Akron water treatment plant.
- Ongoing: Due to sewer work being completed by the City of Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. Get more information on this project.
- Ongoing: The Memorial Parkway Trailhead will be closed through mid-2020 due to a City of Akron CSO construction project. The restrooms will be open. A small portion of the Towpath Trail near the trailhead will be detoured around the construction area. Trail users may park at the Dog Park parking lot.
Cascade Valley Metro Park
- Ongoing: Cuyahoga Street open but under construction due to a City of Akron sewer project and is currently closed between the Chuckery Area and Uhler Street. Chuckery is accessible from the north (Sackett Ave.). Learn more about this project.
Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park
- September 2019 through February 8, 2020: The Ohio Division of Wildlife is operating a a controlled waterfowl hunting program on Nimisila Reservoir. Please contact the Ohio Division of Wildlife at 330-644-2293 with any questions.
Sand Run Metro Park
- Ongoing: Motorists are advised that the half-mile section of Sand Run Parkway between Portage Path and Merriman Road is closed while Summit Metro Parks considers solutions for addressing an aging culvert. The road closure was recommended by the Summit County Engineer’s Office and is effective as of 9/3/19.