For details, call the admin offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated May 7, 2021
For the latest information on policies, closures and cancellations related to the pandemic, please see below and visit our COVID-19 update page.
The safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority. At the guidance of public health authorities, parks and trails remain OPEN, with the exception of alerts noted below.
For status updates on the Hampton Hills Mountain Bike Area, visit Twitter.
facilities & amenities
- At the guidance of health authorities during the COVID-19 outbreak, Summit Metro Parks has closed indoor facilities (F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm Visitors Center, Liberty Park Nature Center, Summit Lake Nature Center, Administrative Offices Lobby and Volunteer Center) to the public.
- Due to COVID-19, rolling parking limitations and amenity closures may be in effect at busy locations.
The majority of the park district's restrooms have been reopened from COVID-19 related closures. Remaining closures include:
*See below for any restroom closures that may be unrelated to COVID-19 safety measures.
- Goodyear Heights Metro Park Lodge
- Silver Creek Metro Park Bathhouse
- Ongoing: The Towpath Trail is rerouted around the KB BioEnergy plant while the City of Akron performs work associated with its ongoing sewer project.
- Ongoing: Beginning in April and continuing through September, maintenance work will be conducted on a railroad bridge crossing the Towpath Trial near Beech Street in downtown Akron. No trail closures are expected as a result of this work.
Cascade Valley Metro Park
- 5/11/21: The upper portion of Chuckery Trail will be closed May 11-14 for utility pole repair and replacement.
Firestone Metro Park
- 11/18/20: Tuscarawas Meadows restroom closed due to storm damage.
Munroe Falls Metro Park
- Fishing and boating are closed for the season.
Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park
- 11/2/20: Ohio Department of Natural Resources will begin lowering the Nimisila Reservoir water level approximately 3 feet for a shoreline erosion control project. Boat launching accessibility at the Nimisila Reservoir trailer boat ramps will be limited and/or closed depending on the water level of the lake. Questions or comments may be directed to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR)-Akron Canal Hydraulic Office at 330-643-1370.
Sand Run Metro Park
Ongoing: Summit Metro Parks is making a series of grant-funded infrastructure and ecological improvements within Sand Run Metro Park. Additional projects necessary to the park's long-term sustainability will result in rolling trail and parkway closures through 2022 (more information available here). The road is currently open (unless otherwise noted for high water, maintenance, etc.).
- Ongoing: Motorists are advised that the half-mile section of Sand Run Parkway between Portage Path and Merriman Road is closed while Summit Metro Parks considers solutions for addressing an aging culvert. The road closure was recommended by the Summit County Engineer’s Office and is effective as of 9/3/19. Pedestrians are welcome to use this section of the parkway - parking is available at the Old Portage Area.
Silver Creek Metro Park
- 4/27/21: Beginning April 27, Pheasant Run Trail will be closed for repair and maintenance for approximately two weeks.