For details, call the admin offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated February 15, 2019
SAND RUN PARKWAY
Sand Run Parkway will be closed intermittently through late March/early April between Portage Path and Merriman Road to allow for amphibian migration. Closures will be announced via social media.
- 02/07/19: The Towpath Trail's Clinton Trailhead parking lot and the trail south to the county line is closed due to flooding.
- 12/17/18: Cuyahoga Valley National Park is closing the Ohio & Erie Towpath Trail between Deep Lock Quarry and Hunt House for installation of a pedestrian bridge. The closure will likely continue through late winter/early spring and is necessary for public safety. There will be no detour available. Please contact the Boston Store Visitor Center with any questions: (330) 657-2752.
- Through 2019: Due to sewer work in Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. Get more information on this project.
- Through 2019: The Memorial Parkway Trailhead will be closed beginning in November of 2018 through approximately December 31, 2019 due to a City of Akron CSO construction project. The restrooms will be open. A small portion of the Towpath Trail near the trailhead will be detoured around the construction area. Trail users may park at the Dog Park parking lot.
Firestone Metro Park
- 02/2/19: Redwing Trail is closed due to flooding.
Gorge Metro Park
- Ongoing: Until further notice, Gorge Trail is closed for repairs in the section beyond Mary Campbell Cave.
- Ongoing: Sections of the Highbridge Trail may be closed intermittently as the Summit County Engineer conducts repairs to the High Level Bridge.
Hampton Hills Metro Park
- 11/07/18: The Top O' the World Area is closed for the season. It will re-open again in 2019 when temperatures are consistently above freezing.
- 11/13/18: The rear roads and lots in the Tinkers Creek Area are closed for the winter season. The archery range is open, and can be accessed by parking at the shelter parking lot and walking to the range.
Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park
- Ongoing: The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) has cut trees along their dam at Nimisila, off Jones Drive and South Main Street. Though Summit Metro Parks manages Nimisila, the park is owned by the State, and the maintenance, safety and operation of the dam is the responsibility of ODNR. Summit Metro Parks is not responsible for the tree work. Please call ODNR with questions.
Silver Creek Metro Park
- Ongoing: Beginning in February 2019 and continuing through June, the Wadsworth Loop of the Bridle Trail will be closed intermittently as FirstEnergy works to replace utility poles along the trail. Trail closures will be announced via on-site signage.