For details, call the admin offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated November 16, 2018
- Through 2019: Due to sewer work in Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. Get more information on this project.
- 11/05/18: The Memorial Parkway Trailhead will be closed beginning November 5 through approximately December 31 due to a City of Akron CSO construction project. The restrooms will be open. A small portion of the Towpath Trail near the trailhead will be detoured around the construction area. Trail users may park at the Dog Park parking lot.
Bike & Hike Trail:
- 09/04/18: FirstEnergy is continuing utility pole replacement work along the Bike & Hike Trail in Stow and Hudson. A trail closure will be in effect for the section of trail at Hampshire Road heading north to Barlow Road. The closure will be in effect until November 5, which is an extension of the original projected completion date.
- 11/05/18: FirstEnergy expects to begin utility line work between Barlow Rd. and State Route 303 in Hudson. A trail closure will be in effect for the duration of this project, which is expected to last approximately seven weeks. More details will be posted as they become available.
Firestone Metro Park
- 11/16/18: Redwing Trail is closed due to flooding.
Gorge Metro Park
- Ongoing: Until further notice, Gorge Trail is closed for repairs in the section beyond Mary Campbell Cave.
- Ongoing: Sections of the Highbridge Trail may be closed intermittently as the Summit County Engineer conducts repairs to the High Level Bridge.
Hampton Hills Metro Park
- 11/07/18: The Top O' the World Area is closed for the season. It will re-open again in 2019 when temperatures are consistently above freezing.
- 11/13/18: The rear roads and lots in the Tinkers Creek Area are closed for the winter season. The archery range is open, and can be accessed by parking at the shelter parking lot and walking to the range.
Munroe Falls Metro Park
- 12/01/18: A 5-mile race will take place on Indian Spring Trail and Meadow Trail. Park visitors should expect heavier than usual traffic in these areas between 6 and 11 a.m.
Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park
- Ongoing: The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) has cut trees along their dam at Nimisila, off Jones Drive and South Main Street. Though Summit Metro Parks manages Nimisila, the park is owned by the State, and the maintenance, safety and operation of the dam is the responsibility of ODNR. Summit Metro Parks is not responsible for the tree work. Please call ODNR with questions.