For details, call the admin offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated February 18, 2020
For status updates on the Hampton Hills Mountain Bike Area, visit Twitter.
2/17/20: The Towpath Trail will be closed from Fairview Avenue south to Robinson Avenue, a distance of 1.2 miles, for approximately 90 days while Ohio Department of Natural Resources works to cap an oil and gas well adjacent to the canal corridor.
- Ongoing: Due to sewer work being completed by the City of Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. Get more information on this project.
- Ongoing: The Memorial Parkway Trailhead will be closed through mid-2020 due to a City of Akron CSO construction project. The restrooms will be open. A small portion of the Towpath Trail near the trailhead will be detoured around the construction area. Trail users may park at the Dog Park parking lot.
Cascade Valley Metro Park
- Ongoing: Cuyahoga Street open but under construction due to a City of Akron sewer project and is currently closed between the Chuckery Area and Uhler Street. Chuckery is accessible from the north (Sackett Ave.). Learn more about this project.
Goodyear Heights Metro Park
- 2/10/20: Beginning February 10, the Goodyear Heights Lodge lobby will closed for ongoing renovations.
Sand Run Metro Park
- Ongoing: Motorists are advised that the half-mile section of Sand Run Parkway between Portage Path and Merriman Road is closed while Summit Metro Parks considers solutions for addressing an aging culvert. The road closure was recommended by the Summit County Engineer’s Office and is effective as of 9/3/19.