Summit Metro Parks offers three archery ranges for FREE public use. Each is open daily, dawn to dusk, and includes multiple target distances ranging from 10 to 60 yards. Archers must bring their own equipment.
At 1940 W. Steels Corners Rd., Cuyahoga Falls; also includes an elevated platform
In the Tinkers Creek Area, at 10303 Aurora-Hudson Rd., Streetsboro
At 89 Eastern Rd., Doylestown; also includes an elevated platform
- All archers must sign in and sign out at the kiosk near the parking lot.
- Adults must accompany participants under 18. Pets are not allowed in archery areas.
- Broadheads, practice broadheads and firearms are prohibited. Only field tips may be used.
- All archers must shoot from a common shooting line. Walk-up shooting is not permitted. Never sky-draw or shoot arrows upward into the air.
- Prior to each session, carefully check bows and arrows to make sure they are in proper working condition.
- Do not load arrows until the shooting area is clear and shooters are on the common line.
- Only retrieve arrows after all bows have been made safe and all shooters agree to retrieve arrows.
- Shoot no more than six arrows between retrievals.
- Shoot only at the designated target in your lane. Hunting is prohibited.
- There should be no more than two people shooting at a single target.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the Metro Parks. Persons who have consumed alcohol or are under the influence of drugs are prohibited from using the range.
- Archery equipment must be handled properly and safely. Range users are expected to be responsible and safety-conscious at all times.
Failure to follow range rules will result in the loss of range privileges and possible criminal prosecution. To report an unsafe act or conditions, contact a park ranger by calling 330-867-5511 (weekdays, 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.) or 330-475-0029 (after hours, weekends and holidays). For emergencies, always call 911.