Updated October 9, 2015
For details, call the administrative offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Bike & Hike Trail:
- 08/28/15: The trail and parking lot at 968 Springdale Rd., Stow, are open, but road construction continues in the area to add bike lanes. For information, call the City of Stow Engineering Department at 330-689-2719.
- 09/21/15: Beginning the afternoon of 9/21, the Bike & Hike Trail will be closed from Boston Mills Rd. south to the new tunnel at Route 8, including the Route 303 parking lot, as a contractor for Summit Metro Parks is paving the trail. Construction will last about two weeks, weather depending. Parking is available at Boston Mills and Barlow Roads. Parking at local businesses is prohibited.
- 10/25/15: An organized run in Munroe Falls and Stow will see more trail users than usual before noon.
- 11/14/15: A charity run will utilize sections of the trail beginning at the Wolf Creek Trailhead in Barberton. Users should expect more traffic than usual.
- 10/10/15: The Towpath Trail will be closed beginning October 10 at dusk until October 11 at 2 p.m. for the annual Towpath Marathon. Parking lots along the trail from Frazee House to the Botzum Trailhead will be closed, and traffic may be affected and temporary closures may take place throughout the Merriman Valley. For more information, call the Cuyahoga Valley National Park at 440-546-5945 or visit the event website here.
- 09/30/15: Until further notice, the City of Akron will be working on a sanitary manhole near the Towpath Trail, just south of Memorial Parkway. The trail will remain open, but there may be brief closures while construction vehicles travel on the trail to access the site.
Cascade Valley Metro Park:
Goodyear Heights Metro Park:
- 09/03/15: Beginning September 8 and continuing for two weeks, the City of Akron will be repairing a sanitary sewer line in the Chuckery Area. Trails and the entrance drive will remain open, but construction traffic may occassionaly be on the road and have to cross the Chuckery Trail. There may be a short trail detour around the work area.
- 09/10 - 09/18/15: Cuyahoga Street will be closed between the Schumacher lot and Sackett Avenue for road repairs.
- 10/17 & 10/24/15: Park users can expect large crowds and runners on the trails due to scheduled cross-country meets.
Munroe Falls Metro Park:
- 10/23/15: From 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., the seven archery shooting stations in the Tinkers Creek Area will be closed to the public for naturalist-led programs.
- 10/24/15: From 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., the seven archery shooting stations in the Tinkers Creek Area will be closed to the public for naturalist-led programs.
- 10/10, 11/07 & 12/05/15: A trail running series is planned for the Lake Area and Indian Spring Trail. Morning visitors can expect more traffic than usual.