For details, call the admin offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated October 19, 2017
- Tick Alert: Recent mild winters have resulted in what our biologists are calling a tick "explosion." They can be picked up on low-growing vegetation any time temperatures are above freezing, but they are most active in spring and fall. Click here to learn more, including ways to avoid and remove ticks.
- Beginning 10/16/17: Part of Cuyahoga Street will be closed for approximately two weeks. Access to the Chuckery and Oxbow areas will only be from the north, via Portage Path or Sackett Avenue.
Gorge Metro Park
- Ongoing: Until further notice, Gorge Trail is closed for repairs in the section beyond Mary Campbell Cave.
Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park
- 10/16-11/20/17: ODNR will lower the water levels of the Portage Lakes, including Nimisila Reservoir. Doing so will allow residents to work on/repair seawalls and docks.
- Beginning 10/30/17: Docks will be removed for the winter season from the C1, C6, SM2 and campground areas.
- Beginning 11/01/17: The campground is closed for the season. The dump station will be closed, too.
- Ongoing: The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) is cutting trees along their dam at Nimisila, off Jones Drive and South Main Street. Though Summit Metro Parks manages Nimisila, the park is owned by the State, and the maintenance, safety and operation of the dam is the responsibility of ODNR. Summit Metro Parks is not responsible for the tree work. Please call ODNR with questions.
Sand Run Metro Park
- Beginning 10/02/17: The Jogging Trail will be closed between Sand Run and Revere roads, beginning October 2 and continuing for approximately three weeks. Sand Run Parkway will also be closed in that section while the park district replaces a foot bridge. During the closure, the Revere Road parking lot (2400 Sand Run Pkwy., Fairlawn) will be closed to the public.