For more details, call the administrative offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated August 30, 2016
Bike & Hike Trail:
- 9/02/16: The Bike & Hike Trail, between the Akron-Cleveland Road tunnel and SR 8, will be reduced to one lane as a contractor installs a railing along the trail.
- Ongoing - Through early 2017: The trail is closed between Sowul Boulevard and Norton Road in Stow. ODOT is replacing the bridge on SR91 with a tunnel. There is no detour for this trail closure.
- 8/09/16: For approximately two weeks, the Towpath Trail behind Bruegger's and Pub Bricco in the Merriman Valley will be detoured around a fence. Contractors are working to repair a sewer line.
- Ongoing - Through 2019: Due to sewer work in Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. To learn more, click here.
Goodyear Heights Metro Park
- 08/27/16: A cross-country meet will take place from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Up to 600 people are expected.
- 10/15/16: A cross-country meet will take place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Up to 500 people are expected.
Munroe Falls Metro Park
- 10/08, 11/05 & 12/03/16: A trail-running series will utilize the Lake Area of the park and Indian Spring Trail. Up to 275 people are expected.
Silver Creek Metro Park
- 09/03/16: The Cross-country Course will be closed as Nordonia High School hosts a Suburban League meet from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. About 500 people are expected.
- 09/09/16: The Cross-country Course will be closed as The University of Akron hosts a meet from 1 to 8 p.m. About 200 people are expected