For more details, call the administrative offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated September 23, 2016
Bike & Hike Trail:
- 9/08/16: Beginning September 8, ODOT will reduce traffic on the Route 303 bridge to one lane as they complete a pavement painting project. Trail users in the area can expect periods of loud noise during this work, which is expected to last about three weeks. The trail will remain open during this time.
- Ongoing - Through early 2017: The trail is closed between Sowul Boulevard and Norton Road in Stow. ODOT is replacing the bridge on SR91 with a tunnel. There is no detour for this trail closure.
- 10/05/16: A large fishing event will take place from 2 to 6 p.m. near the Wilbeth Road Trailhead. About 100 people are expected.
- Ongoing - Through 2016: Contractors are working to repair a sewer line near the Towpath Trail behind Bruegger's and Pub Bricco in the Merriman Valley. Workers and vehicles will be in the area, but the trail remains open.
- 09/19/16: Beginning September 19 and continuing until mid-October, an off-road vehicle will be traveling along the Towpath Trail from Wilbeth Rd. heading south about 3/4 miles for a City of Akron wetland restoration project. The trail will remain open.
- Ongoing - Through 2019: Due to sewer work in Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. To learn more, click here.
F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm
- 10/10/16: Though it opens for several Monday holidays throughout the year, the visitors center at F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm will not be open Columbus Day, October 10.
Goodyear Heights Metro Park
- 10/8 - 10/9/16: A private frisbee tournament will be taking place at the park from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on each of the two days. About 100 people are expected.
- 10/09/16: A private fundraiser walk will be taking place at the park from 1:30 to 4 p.m. About 125 people are expected.
- 10/15/16: A cross-country meet will take place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Up to 500 people are expected.
Hampton Hills Metro Park
- 09/28/16: The ground-level archery stations will be closed for a program between 9:30 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- 10/05/16: The ground-level archery stations will be closed for a program between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- 10/23/16: The ground-level archery stations will be closed for a program between 11:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Munroe Falls Metro Park
- 10/08, 11/05 & 12/03/16: A trail-running series will utilize the Lake Area of the park and Indian Spring Trail. Up to 275 people are expected.
Sand Run Metro Park
- 10/10/16: The park district's administrative offices will be open Columbus Day, October 10, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Silver Creek Metro Park
- 09/27/16: A cross-country meet is scheduled from 4 to 6 p.m. at the new Cross-country Course. The course will be closed to visitors during this time.