For more details, call the administrative offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated October 19, 2016
Bike & Hike Trail:
- 10/23/16: A 5K running event will take place on the Bike & Hike Trail between Turnberry Trail and Stow-Munroe Falls High School between 9 and 11 a.m. Up to 300 people are expected.
- Ongoing - Through early 2017: The trail is closed between Sowul Boulevard and Norton Road in Stow. ODOT is replacing the bridge on SR91 with a tunnel. There is no detour for this trail closure.
- 09/19/16: Continuing until mid-October, an off-road vehicle will be traveling along the Towpath Trail from Wilbeth Road heading south about 3/4 mile for a City of Akron wetland restoration project. The trail will remain open.
- 10/17- 10/21/16: The Towpath Trail will be closed from Botzum Trailhead south to Weathervane Lane. A contractor will be paving the trail. The work is weather-dependent and subject to change. There is no detour due to the short duration of the closure.
- 10/13/16: The Fairview Avenue south parking lot in Barberton will be closed beginning 10/13 until approximately 10/24. The lot will be used for stockpiling limestone material for a trail resurfacing project.
- 10/17/16: Beginning 10/17 and lasting for about one week, weather depending, crews will resurface the Towpath Trail in Barberton from Fairview Avenue south to Snyder Avenue. The trail will remain open during this work, but trail users may experience some short delays for heavy equipment transporting materials along this stretch of trail.
- 11/12/16: There will be a 5K run/1-mile walk event on the Towpath Trail from Wolf Creek to Snyder Avenue from 7 to 11 a.m. About 150 people are expected.
- Ongoing - Through 2016: Contractors are working to repair a sewer line near the Towpath Trail behind Bruegger's and Pub Bricco in the Merriman Valley. Workers and vehicles will be in the area, but the trail remains open.
- Ongoing - Through 2019: Due to sewer work in Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. To learn more, click here.
Firestone Metro Park
- 11/12/16: There will be a large event at the Tuscarawas Shelter and surrounding area on 11/12 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Approximately 150 will be in attendance.
Hampton Hills Metro Park
- 10/23/16: The ground-level archery stations will be closed for a program between 11:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Munroe Falls Metro Park
- 11/05 & 12/03/16: A trail-running series will utilize the Lake Area of the park and Indian Spring Trail. Up to 275 people are expected.
Sand Run Metro Park
- 10/13/16: Beginning 10/13 and continuing for about two weeks, Sand Run Parkway will be closed between North Portage Path and the vehicle ford as a contractor re-paves the road surface. This work is weather-dependent, and subject to change. Access to the Sand Run Service Center, Mingo Lodge and the parking lots along the parkway will be maintained. The Jogging Trail will remain open.
Springfield Bog Metro Park
- 10/19 - 10/20/16: The parking lot will be closed this evening for parking lot maintenance taking place on the morning of 10/20. It will re-open when maintenance is finished.