For more details, call the administrative offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated July 28, 2016
Bike & Hike Trail:
- 07/05/16: Beginning July 5, the trail will be closed in Boston Heights for approximately 30 days as ODOT makes emergency slope repairs near the Akron-Cleveland Road tunnel. The closure is between the east side of SR 8 and the SR 303 trailhead. There is no detour given the short construction schedule. There will be no access on the Bike and Hike Trail bridge over SR 8. The SR 303 parking lot will remain open, and the trail will be open north of the 303 Lot. Trail users may continue to park at the SR 303 lot and travel north on the trail.
- Ongoing - Through early 2017: The trail is closed between Sowul Boulevard and Norton Road in Stow. ODOT is replacing the bridge on SR91 with a tunnel. There is no detour for this trail closure.
- 08/06/16: A 10K race will utilize the trail between Middlebury and Howe Road. Up to 150 runners are expected.
- 08/13/16: Expect heavy trail use as approximately 200 people participate in the Tour Du Towpath, which will take place between Eastern Road and the Stark County line.
- 08/05/16: The Towpath Trail will be closed from the Stark County line to Main Street in Clinton. The Village of Clinton will be celebrating its bicentennial and will be lighting fireworks in the area.
- Beginning 06/20/16: Beginning June 20, contractors working to repair a sewer line will construct a short detour and fence on the Towpath Trail, behind Pub Bricco and Bruegger's on Merriman Road. The trail will be open during the work, and flaggers will be on site. Trail traffic may be temporarily stopped for sort periods of time as construction vehicles access the trail.
In the same location, Beginning July 5th, and lasting approximately 3 weeks, the trail will be detoured around the fenced area. The trail will remain open.
- Ongoing - Through 2019: Due to sewer work in Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. To learn more, click here.
F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm
- 8/1/16: From 8/1 through 8/5, access to the visitors center will only be possible by driving east from Sand Run Road. Smith Road will be closed after the roundabout on Riverview Road for railroad track replacement.
Munroe Falls Metro Park
- 10/08, 11/05 & 12/03/16: A non-Metro Parks trail series will utilize the Lake Area of the park and Indian Spring Trail. Up to 275 people are expected.