For details, call the admin offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Last updated June 22, 2017
- 2017 Tick Alert: Mild winters have resulted in what our biologists are calling a tick "explosion." They can be picked up on low-growing vegetation any time temperatures are above freezing, but they are most active in spring and fall. Click here to learn more, including ways to avoid and remove ticks.
- 07/08 & 07/09/17: An endurance run will bring approximately 150 runners to the Towpath Trail between Cleveland, Akron and Stark County. It will begin early July 8 and end by 11 a.m. July 9.
- 09/30/17: An organized run will see 150 on the Towpath Trail between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., between Memorial Parkway and the Big Bend Trailhead.
- Through 2019: Due to sewer work in Akron, the trail is rerouted between Memorial Parkway and the Mustill Store Trailhead, just north of downtown. The new route will be in effect for several years. To learn more, click here.
Firestone Metro Park
- Beginning 06/05/17: Dominion East Ohio will be repairing an existing gas line in the Tuscarawas Meadows Area through June 30. The park and parking lot will remain open during construction.
Munroe Falls Metro Park
- 06/24/17: The Lake Area will be closed from 6 to 10 a.m. for a triathalon event.
- 08/26/17: Some of the Lake Area may be closed from 6 to 11 a.m. as a large running event takes place.
Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park
- Ongoing: We have several tons of FREE wood chips available in the lot at 5550 Christman Rd., Akron. Just pull up and take as much as you want.
- Ongoing: The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) is cutting trees along their dam at Nimisila, off Jones Drive and South Main Street. Though Summit Metro Parks manages Nimisila, the park is owned by the State, and the maintenance, safety and operation of the dam is the responsibility of ODNR. Summit Metro Parks is not responsible for the tree work. Please call ODNR with questions.
Silver Creek Metro Park
- 06/22/17: Chippewa Trail is closed between the Hametown Rd. crossing and the Big Oaks parking lot as Dominion performs gas line work in the area. The closure may be in effect up to seven days.
Wood Hollow Metro Park
- 07/01/17: Access to the park will be limited starting mid-afternoon, as the City of Hudson will be hosting its fireworks celebration and closing Barlow Road, blocking off the park entrance.