Rules & Regulations
For the safety of all visitors and the protection of natural resources, follow these park rules during each visit.
- Stay on designated hiking trails. Wandering off trail can damage natural resources and cause erosion.
- Leashed pets are allowed in all of our parks except F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm. During swim season only, pets are not permitted at Munroe Falls Metro Park and the beach at Silver Creek. All pets must be kept on leashes no longer than eight feet and must be under the owner's control at all times. Please clean up after your pets.
- Cooking fires are permitted only in the grills provided. Visitors are prohibited from bringing their own firewood into the park district.
- Fishing is permitted only in designated areas. State regulations apply.
- Some activities require special-use permits, including commercial photography, organized school groups and organized sports. For information, please call the administrative offices at 330-867-5511, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, or download a SPECIAL-USE PERMIT.
- Geocaching and letterboxing are not permitted, but virtual caches and "EarthCaches" are OK as long as visitors stay on designated trails. Items may not be left behind for other visitors to find. As the saying goes, "Take only photographs, leave only footprints."
- Drivers must stay on established roads, and commercial vehicles are prohibited. Traffic regulations include a 25 mph speed limit, unless otherwise posted.
- The following actions/items are prohibited: littering; hunting, trapping and feeding wildlife; removing flowers, shrubs and other property; disorderly conduct; public indecency and nudity; alcoholic beverages; fireworks; camping; commercial enterprises; posting and distributing signs or advertisements.
DOWNLOAD A COMPLETE LIST OF RULES & REGULATIONS
Note: Section 6.1 Firearms has been revised. It now reads as follows:
Only Park Rangers, other certified peace officers of Metro Parks, Serving Summit County, or other persons authorized by the Ohio Revised Code may carry firearms, as defined by section 2923.11 of the Ohio Revised Code, within the Park. No person except duly authorized Metro Parks employees, law enforcement officers, or persons engaged in hunting in accordance with Section 4.1 of these Rules, shall discharge or otherwise use a firearm of any description within the Park without a permit. Persons possessing a valid license issued in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code may carry a concealed firearm within the Park except inside any government building located in the Park, and subject to any other restrictions imposed by law.
Kiosk postings will be updated in summer 2013 to reflect the changes.