2018 Swim Season
Season passes go on sale April 1.
Enjoy lake swimming at Munroe Falls and Silver Creek in 2018, May 26 to August 12. Swim areas will be open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays, and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekends and holidays.
During swim season, an admission fee or season pass is required to enter both beaches. For information, call 330-867-5511, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Pets are not permitted in the fenced-in beach areas.
- At the discretion of staff, swim areas may be closed due to inclement weather conditions including persistent rain, thunderstorms or forecasted temperatures below 65 degrees.
- At Silver Creek, aquatic footwear is recommended. Snails and their shells are known to be on the lake bed, and they regularly wash up on the beach.
- Concessions at Silver Creek are limited to vending machines.
- If thunder is heard, the water and playground will be cleared and remain closed for 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder is heard.
- If inclement weather occurs for longer than three hours, the park district may close the waterfront for the remainder of the day.
- Depending on the forecast, inclement weather in the afternoon may result in the closure of the waterfront for the remainder of the day.
- If the forecasted temperature for the day is below 65, for Akron 44313 (where the park district is headquartered), swim areas will be closed.
- Refunds will not be issued for waterfront closures due to inclement weather, low temperatures and environmental / emergency conditions.
Rentals are only available during swim season.
Rental hours are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- Pedal boats (3): $5/hour, or $30/day.
The Silver Creek Boathouse is open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Fridays, weekends and holidays.
- Canoes (6), kayak (1) and row boats (3): $10/hour, or $30/day.
- Pedal boats (4): $5/hour, or $30/day.
- A $20 refundable deposit and valid driver's license are required to rent boats. At least one person in the boat must be 18 years or older.