MOTHER'S DAY 5K
Register Online | Mail-in Form
Run, jog or walk to celebrate Mom on her special day!
This fundraiser and "friendraiser" for the Metro Parks Foundation is Sunday, May 10, 2015, at the Lake Area in Munroe Falls Metro Park. Start time is 8 a.m.
Advance registration, ending May 3 at 11:59 p.m., is $20/person for ages 15 and up.
||The stroller-friendly course for this timed race travels twice around the scenic lake. Awards will be given to the top two finishers in several categories, and the winners' names will be engraved on bricks and placed in the walkway near the bathhouse.
For more information, call the park district's administrative offices, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, at 330-867-5511.
- The course is not ADA compliant, but wheelchair athletes are welcome.
- The event is held rain or shine. There are no refunds.
- Timing is provided by North Coast MultiSports. View results from 2014
- Only adult runners registered in advance are eligible for a free shirt.
- Registration is required for all runners and walkers. Participants 14 and under are free, but do not receive a free shirt.
- Registration is not required for children in strollers.
- Wagons, bikes, scooters and rollerblades are not permitted on the course.
- Dogs are not permitted on the course. All pet spectators must remain on leashes (8-feet max).
Pre-race packet pickup is required of all runners, Saturday, May 9 from noon to 4 p.m. at F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm (1828 Smith Rd., Akron): 330-865-8065.
Please arrive before 7:30 a.m. Day-of registration is $30/person, cash or check only. Runners 14 and under are free, but they must be registered. Youth runners do not get free shirts. Small sizes may be purchased on event day for $10 each, while supplies last.