|The Big Bend sign-in kiosk in Sand Run
Camping Along the Towpath
Metro Parks permits camping year-round along the Towpath Trail at two primitive sites: one at the Big Bend Trailhead in Akron, a second about 1/4 mile south of the Franklin Trailhead on Center Road in New Franklin. Camping is permitted for one-night stays only, and sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Reservations are not required, though campers are required to sign-in at the kiosk by providing their names, zip codes, arrival date, the number of people in their group and their departure date.
By signing in, campers agree to follow all Metro Parks rules and regulations. The privilege of using a camping area may be revoked at any time.
- Sites are provided for touring the Towpath and Buckeye trails only.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited.
- Camping is permitted in designated areas only.
- Multiple-night and long-term stays are prohibited.
- Each site allows a maximum of four people.
- Campfires are prohibited. Use cooking stoves only.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Remove all trash and practice “leave-no-trace” ethics.
- All persons must complete the sign-in sheet at the kiosk.
For more information, call the administrative offices at 330-867-5511, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.