2020 Swim Season Canceled
Due to the cancellation of lifeguard training and certification programs during COVID-19, we are unable to safely open lake swimming at Munroe Falls and Silver Creek for the 2020 swim season. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Learn more about the park district's COVID-19 response.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted inside the fenced swim areas.
- Pets are not permitted in the fenced-in beach areas.
- At the discretion of staff, swim areas may be closed due to inclement weather conditions including persistent rain, thunderstorms or forecasted temperatures below 65 degrees.
- At Silver Creek, aquatic footwear is recommended. Snails and their shells are known to be on the lake bed, and they regularly wash up on the beach.
- Concessions at Silver Creek are limited to vending machines.
- If thunder is heard, the water and playground will be cleared and remain closed for 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder is heard.
- If inclement weather occurs for longer than three hours, the park district may close the waterfront for the remainder of the day.
- Depending on the forecast, inclement weather in the afternoon may result in the closure of the waterfront for the remainder of the day.
- If the forecasted temperature for the day is below 65 degrees for Akron 44313 (where the park district is headquartered), swim areas will be closed.
- Refunds will not be issued for waterfront closures due to inclement weather, low temperatures and environmental / emergency conditions.