Updated March 10, 2014
For details, call the administrative offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
- Winter '13-14: Outside drinking fountains have been turned off for the season, and stand-alone restroom buildings may be closed.
Bike & Hike Trail:
- 03/10/14: Through next week, FirstEnergy and its contractors will continue transmission line work, requiring limited trail closures from Alexander Road to Sagamore Road while equipment is operating nearby or when work is performed close to the trail. Pedestrian and bicycle traffic control will be handled by appropriate personnel to protect the public.
- 04/12/14: An organized run at 9 a.m. may close the trail in downtown Akron around Lock 3.
- Ongoing: The City of Akron is expanding the community center at Summit Lake (380 W. Crosier St., Akron). The work will not impact or close the Towpath Trail, which runs behind the center on the east bank of the lake, but it has closed the parking lot closest to the trail and the center's basketball courts.
- Beginning 10/21/13: Visitors traveling to Firestone Metro Park will only be able to access the Tuscarawas Meadows (2620 Harrington Rd., Akron) and Little Turtle Pond (2400 Harrington Rd., Akron) entrances from the north, via Swartz Road off of South Main Street. Harrington Road will be closed at Warner Road, at the southeast corner of the 258-acre park, as a contractor for the Ohio Department of Natural Resources continues to renovate the dam on Harrington Road. The work will continue into 2014. Hiking trails, picnic areas and naturalist-led programs at Firestone Metro Park will not be affected.
- 03-07-14: The restroom at Eastwood Avenue is closed due to weather-related plumbing issues.
- Winter '13-14: The Top O' the World Area is closed for the season.
F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm:
- 12/30/13: The parkway is closed on the south side of the lake, but visitors can still access the trailhead for the Indian Spring Trail by parking at the Maple Beach lot and walking a short distance.
- 03/11/14: The visitors center will open at noon, not 10 a.m., Tuesday, March 11, due to an all-staff morning meeting at another park. Regular center hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.