Updated October 22, 2014
For details, call the administrative offices 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday: 330-867-5511.
Bike & Hike Trail:
- 10/17/14: Crews will be testing existing utilities near the Bike & Hike Trail at the SR 91 bridge in Stow between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. The trail will remain open, but temporary closures may be in effect.
- 10/17/14: A section of the trail will be closed Friday and Saturday, October 18, until 5 p.m. for asphalt paving, beginning at the Brandywine Falls Trailhead and moving south. The work is expected to last about a week, weather permitting.
- Through 10/31/14: Due to work conducted in Sagamore Hills by FirstEnergy and its contractors, the trail will be closed between Sagamore Road and Valley View Road through October. The 34-mile Bike & Hike Trail travels southeast from Sagamore Hills to Munroe Falls and Stow on land owned by FirstEnergy. For more information, contact 1-866-477-6552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Through 11/30/14: Removal of the vehicular Akron-Cleveland Road bridge in Boston Heights will force a short detour of the Bike & Hike Trail, slightly southeast of the SR 303 Trailhead. The trail is detoured with an at-grade crossing of Akron-Cleveland Road through November. At that time, a tunnel will be completed for trail users.
- Until Further Notice: Phase II of the Trail, between Southwest Avenue in Tallmadge and Eastwood Avenue in Akron, is NOT YET OPEN to the public. It should be completed in early November.
- 10/20 - 10/24/14: A 5-mile section of the trail in Akron will be closed as a division of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources operates a large boom mower from the trail between Ley Drive and the Wolf Creek Trailhead. (This has been rescheduled from mid-October.)
- Ongoing in '14: The City of Akron is expanding the community center at Summit Lake (380 W. Crosier St., Akron). The work will not impact or close the Towpath Trail, which runs behind the center on the east bank of the lake, but it has closed the parking lot closest to the trail and the center's basketball courts.
- 10/22/14: Due to trail renovation and repairs, the Willow Trail will be closed from the east end of Little Turtle Pond to the large vehicle bridge. Redwing trail will remain open. Visitors can access Redwing Trail via Tuscarawas Field or the Coventry Oaks area.
- PROGRAM ADJUSTMENT 10/19: Regrettably, the Northern Cheyenne Indians will not be attending the campfire program on 10/23 due to the death of one of the tribe's high elders. Instead, we'll tell Indian stories, learn about mourning and roast marshmallows at the campfire. Please call 330-865-8065 for information.
- Through 11/30: The archery range will be closed as follows due to public programs: 10/25, 1 to 6 p.m.; 11/30, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Ongoing in '14: Adam Run Trail remains closed following a 5/12 storm. It requires realignment and major work, now in progress. The park district hopes to have the trail open by year's end.
- 10/22/14: The Pond Brook Conservation Area will be closed on 10/22 for parking lot repairs.
- 11/08 & 12/06/14: Access to the Lake Area may be impacted by the "Ohio Outside Trail Series." Park visitors should expect more traffic than usual between 7 and 11 a.m.
- 10/16/14: A section of the parkway is closed for paving, from the beach lots to the north entrance on Medina Line Road. The work is expected to last about two weeks, weather permitting.